e-mealz

I <3 Emealz

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Bringing the Abundance to Friends

I picked 32oz of blackberries last night. We have so many left over from last year that I brought them in to work. In addition to the blackberries, mother picked loads of squash, zucchini and cucumbers. My father and I both took the extras to our office to share.

Mother and Granny have canned over 50 cans of green beans....and that was from the last count a week ago. I saw at least six jars sitting on her counter freshly canned yesterday. Mother had an enormous basket yet to be canned and four more rows to pick. It seems like a lot of cans for one year, but we go through the green beans.



The pumpkins are taking over. I have to go a few times a week and move the vines away from the peppers and tomatoes. I have also trellised them. I am always amazed by how big the pumpkins plants get.




The peppers I am growing at my house in pots are bearing fruit now. These are the false alarm hybrids. I can't wait to taste them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

background

Followers

About Me

My photo
Christian, Wife, Mother of two, Gardener, Quilter, Conservative, Wife of Musician, Homemaker, Average Cook, Homeowner, Outside Cat Owner, Owner of a miniature schnauzer, Office Manager and Nursery Coordinator and American Citizen.