e-mealz

I <3 Emealz

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

2010 Garden Season fast approaching.

So I guess my last post was my unofficial end post for the 2009 garden season. I have written a list of plants to try this year. They are as follows:

Sunflowers...they are just too easy and so pretty. I also hope to feed them to the birds this year.

Orange Peppers, I will be growing these in pots at my house rather than in the garden. The sun just isn't quite right in the garden. Additionally green and red peppers.

I am going to try carrots this year. I will probably have to container grow these since our soil is quite rocky. My granny told me that when my brother tried carrots they were very crooked.

I want to try potatoes. This may also take some new soil that isn't so rocky, but I am most eager about this gardening endeavor. I MAY grow some sweet potatoes, too. We'll see.

I will do pumpkins this year, but just one basic Jack O Lantern variety and not very many.

I may grow some corn.

And tomatoes. I will not start these from seeds, however. I will buy hardy, blight-resistant plants.

Talk to you again in a few months when we get this baby started.

No comments:

Post a Comment

background

Followers

About Me

My photo
Christian, Wife, Mother of two, Gardener, Quilter, Conservative, Wife of Musician, Homemaker, Average Cook, Homeowner, Outside Cat Owner, Owner of a miniature schnauzer, Office Manager and Nursery Coordinator and American Citizen.