e-mealz

I <3 Emealz

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Gardening Layout

So, the space I need is a little larger than I had planned, but I am not totally surprised. What can I say pumpkins take up a lot of room! And, I had not planned on having nearly 200 pepper seeds. Even if we get 60% of the plants, that is still a load of peppers. This also makes me nervous as peppers are difficult to grow in our garden. So we'll see.

This image is a little hard to read, but it is my garden map. How fun...I know a bit much, but I am so excited..I am going to show it to my folks tonight to see if my plans are reasonable or over the top. We'll see.

The storms that are expected tonight sort of ruin our tilling plans. Hopefully our little broccoli plants will hang in there for better conditions. We bought them early because we were warned that there may be a shortage.

As for my strawberries, I have decided to use a coconut/wire planter and grow them in a hanging plant. I am hopeful. I will also be experimenting with peppers in a planter. And we nixed the idea of having thorn-less raspberries near the blackberries. I forgot the whole reason why.

No comments:

Post a Comment

background

Followers

About Me

My photo
Christian, Wife, Mother of two, Gardener, Quilter, Conservative, Wife of Musician, Homemaker, Average Cook, Homeowner, Outside Cat Owner, Owner of a miniature schnauzer, Office Manager and Nursery Coordinator and American Citizen.