e-mealz

I <3 Emealz

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

New Growth and Rain

The weather shows rain all week....so far I've only seen a couple drops. I am eager for a downpour, otherwise, I will be forced to get out and water...which is fine, but I don't know, there is something about rain water that is different from using a sprinkler.

My seedlings are growing rapidly. We're hoping by May 27th to have these guys in the ground. The Salsa Tomatoes are doing very well and the peppers are coming along. I am hopeful!

We have had lots of sprouts come up since last week. This is the fun part, waiting and watching the new growth. If fact, I took these pictures yesterday morning and I went back out in the evening and my one of my Baby Boo Pumpkins sprouted since the morning. This blog will be heavy on the photos.Mother's Blue Lake Green Beans Mother's Broccoli and Green OnionsMy Lettuce and Mother's BroccoliMy Sunflower VarietiesMother's Zucchini
My Cinderella Pumpkins!
My Gourds.

We planted our nearly 250 square feet of annuals on Monday. Some are from last year's flowers. Last year mother saved zinnias and marigolds. This year we added aster, baby's breath, cosmos and a mix of annual flowers. We planted all of this on Monday the 27th.
I haven't spoken about our fruit trees and vines in a while. Here are the blackberries. They are budding!

Below are some peach buds. We also have cherries and pears budding.

The photos below are some flowers in my mother and grandmother's yard. Mom has an amazing green thumb. I am trying to learn all I can so I will be able to grow beautiful and delicious plants. I do pretty well, but I have a LONG way to go.Lily of the ValleyClematis

No comments:

Post a Comment

background

Followers

About Me

My photo
Christian, Wife, Mother of two, Gardener, Quilter, Conservative, Wife of Musician, Homemaker, Average Cook, Homeowner, Outside Cat Owner, Owner of a miniature schnauzer, Office Manager and Nursery Coordinator and American Citizen.