e-mealz

I <3 Emealz

Thursday, June 18, 2009

And the harvesting has begun!

Here are the first of the squash! My son is excited to take his squash to school for salad day. I know, right, salad day? Well, that's the plan. We anticipate a couple weeks or so of plenty of squash. I'll get some recipes up next blog.




GOURDS & PUMPKINS

I am quite excited about this little guy. This is a picture of my "small, fancy" gourd. It took everything for my son to not pull it off the vine.


And check out this little pumpkin. This is a miniature Lumina pumpkin. It'll get around 3 inches and will be white. I think it'll be fun to play with these things come fall. But at the rate it is growing now, we might be enjoying them early!


SUNFLOWERS
I was way off in thinking that the sunflower was about as tall as my daughter. It towers over her! Isn't she cute? Oh, right, the sunflowers, yes...I was excited to see that some of the stalks have several buds for flowers. I am so excited to see how these turn out.







GREEN BEANS






Green beans are so much fun. My granny is sitting in her chair breaking green beans. I remember as a wee lassie breaking beans with my Granny. But the process only starts here. She will can all of these beans. I THINK we got about fifty cans last year...and the deer ate half the crop. Who knows how many we'll get this year. Good thing we are all green bean fans. And Granny makes the BEST southern style green beans. These beans are Italian green beans. They are different because they are flat. My family prefers these, but Granny likes the round ones....If she makes them I eat those, too.










1 comment:

  1. Kate and her bean...soo cute! Yes, your squash casserole was awesome!

    ReplyDelete

background

Followers

About Me

My photo
Christian, Wife, Mother of two, Gardener, Quilter, Conservative, Wife of Musician, Homemaker, Average Cook, Homeowner, Outside Cat Owner, Owner of a miniature schnauzer, Office Manager and Nursery Coordinator and American Citizen.