e-mealz

I <3 Emealz

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Major Growth!

Check out this beautiful leaf! I love squash plants, they are large, lush and beautiful. These plants have my favorite foliage...at least during their prime!



Check out this little squash. Within the next couple weeks we'll have more squash than we'll know what to do with!



Green beans, too. I took this picture on June 12th, so this green bean is probably pickin' size. Last week, the Italian beans weren't even growing. When I looked at them yesterday, they were a good 5 inches. BTW, the green bean is in the very center sitting horizontally!



This plant is my Cinderella Pumpkin plant. These are by far the most beautiful and prolific of my pumpkin plants. In fact, there are little pumpkins about the size of a marbles already there.



My daughter is over two feet tall and these sunflowers are taller than she. These sunflowers won't grow very tall. I did that deliberately since they were much too tall to enjoy last year. Not to mention, the flowers were quite large and heavy.



You can already see the flower bud on the sunflowers.



These are small, fancy gourds. They are crawling up the trellis nicely. Yesterday I noticed two golf ball sized gourds hanging there!



Here are the pumpkin blooms. I am excited!!!!



So, I finally got around to planting my burpee tomato plants that I grew from seed. They look great. Additionally, I found some volunteer tomatoes from last years crop. I have transplanted those to a row and am excited to see what kind of tomatoes they are! They could be cherry, heirloom, ice tomatoes...who knows! I love a good surprise! And yes, this past weekend, I weeded. YUCK!



Lookie what I see....tomatoes. We're going to have tomatoes coming out of our ears!



See how beautiful. We got a huge rain yesterday. I 'll be they are even more incredible now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

background

Followers

About Me

My photo
Christian, Wife, Mother of two, Gardener, Quilter, Conservative, Wife of Musician, Homemaker, Average Cook, Homeowner, Outside Cat Owner, Owner of a miniature schnauzer, Office Manager and Nursery Coordinator and American Citizen.